Receiving Copies of Your Medical Test Results
What is Health Information Management (HIM) not able to do?
- Disclose results for you or your loved ones over the phone.
What can Health Information Management help me with?
- Provide copies of test results to patient’s or the patients authorized representative.
- Release copies of test results to designated entities as authorized by the patient or patients authorized representative.
What do I need to do to receive a copy of my results?
- The patient or the patient’s representative should call the Health Information Management Department at 419-660-2702 during the hours of 7am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- The patient/representative will be asked to complete the authorization to disclose protected health information (PHI) and furnish sufficient identification.
- A patient’s representative is defined as the parent or guardian of the patient who is a minor, or the conservator of the patient. Proof of guardianship of minor or conservator of a person must be shown.
- In cases which involve minor children (under 18 years of age) the patient or guardian must provide required authorization for release of information. Both custodial and non-custodial parents have the right to authorize the release of their child’s medical information as well as the right to inspect or receive copies of said information.
In what ways can I get my results?
- Patient portal – the recommended method. No authorization is required to sign up for the portal. You
may sign up by visiting FisherTitus.org/patient-portal
- In person
- Encrypted email
How can I complete the authorization to disclose PHI?
If we are under Level Red visitation guidelines or you are unable to leave your home, you will receive the authorization form from an HIM ROI Specialist via email or mailed copy if you do not have email.
- Once the email is received you can print, complete and scan, fax or take a photocopy with your smart phone or tablet and email back.
- If you do not have the ability to print but do have a computer or smart phone/device
- The Adobe Fill & Sign – is user friendly and will allow you to fill out and sign your authorization form electronically on your computer or smart device and email back to the HIM Department.
- If you have questions you can call the HIM Department at 419-660-2702 during the hours of 7am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday to assist.
- Once the HIM Department has received your signed authorization, a copy of your results will be released to you or disclosed to the entity of your choice per your authorization form.