The Carriage House and Norwalk Memorial Home's range of services to older adults are integrated with a commitment to personal wellness and meeting each resident's individual needs. The care provided is driven by the goals that each resident holds important. By continuing to listen and respond to each resident's needs, we have proudly earned a reputation for quality in all we do.
Assisted Living is often the preferred lifestyle of choice for many older adults. It is for those who want freedom from the burden of home maintenance and want to remain independent, yet may require some level of assistance with daily activities. Our dedicated staff of professionals provides our residents with the independence they want and the assistance they need. We will help to whatever degree necessary to see that personal needs including bathing, dressing and grooming, toileting, medication reminders and laundry are met by our caring staff.
Our service philosophy is resident-driven, flexible and individualized. All residents are encouraged to help direct their own care. Their preferences and right to choose are integral to care planning.
The Carriage House is our residents' home, and we strive to promote the comfort and security that comes when one is at home. A standard feature of our spacious one-bedroom apartments is a kitchenette with a range, refrigerator and microwave. Wall-to-wall carpeting, window blinds and individually controlled heat and air conditioning are standard features. Each apartment is unfurnished, allowing individuals to bring cherished possessions which create the personal warmth of home.
The Carriage House community offers an approach to living that suits many individual tastes. . . a beautifully landscaped terrace and barbecue grill for gathering with close friends, a beauty/barber shop for a moment of personal pampering and washers and dryers on each floor for personal laundry. Our many on-campus services are here for the residents' convenience to use and enjoy.
Services & Amenities
Included Services (included in daily base rate)
- Personal care assistants on staff 24-hours-per-day to provide individualized care.
- Access to Norwalk Memorial Home, should you require nursing services.
- Three delicious meals served restaurant-style each day in our comfortable and relaxing dining room.
- Weekly housekeeping and bed and bath linen laundry service.
- Full array of planned activities including recreational, social, physical, and spiritual activities such as: daily exercise program and current events, dartball team, religious services, weekly happy hour with entertainment and brain games.
- Minibus transportation to banks, shopping, dining out, afternoon drives, outings and events.
- Scheduled transportation to and from physician appointments and services on Fisher-Titus Medical Center campus.
- Worry-free maintenance and repairs of apartments and grounds.
- Monthly wellness clinic.
Optional Services (available for a nominal fee)
- Medication reminders.
- Personal laundry service.
- Meals delivered to your apartment.
- Beauty/barber shop.
- Wall-to-wall carpeting and window blinds.
- Eat-in kitchenette with stove, refrigerator and microwave.
- Individual climate control for heat and air conditioning.
- Emergency call system in every apartment living room and bathroom plus individual Lifeline pendants for each resident's ongoing safety.
- Sit-down shower feature in bathroom.
- Smoke alarm and automatic sprinkler system.
- Individualized mailboxes for incoming mail and a post box for outgoing mail.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Carriage House.