Corks & Kegs
Place: Sandy Ridge Vineyards & Mercantile | 180 OH-61 Norwalk, OH 44857
Cost: $160 per couple or $90 ea.
Date: Friday May 13, 2022
Time: 5:30 – Hors d’Oeuvres, 6:00 Food & Wine Pairings
Register for Corks & Kegs
Complete the form to register for the event.
Proceeds will support the North Central EMS fleet of vehicles.
In 2022, the Fisher-Titus Foundation will help replace a new ambulance chassis and a mental health transport vehicle to help sustain our vital EMS service for our community (EMS operates at a loss in our rural service area despite careful resource management).
About North Central EMS
North Central EMS has been providing emergency and non-emergency ambulance transportation and wheelchair van services to Norwalk and the region since 1986. North Central EMS at a glance:
- 530 square mile service area
- 60,000+ individuals served
- Stations in Norwalk, Milan, Berlin Heights, Greenwich, Bellevue, Monroeville and Green Springs
- 13 Ambulances in the Fleet
- 8-9 Ambulances on the Road at a Given Time
- 600 Miles per Day per Ambulance
- 350K-400K Mile Average Service Life
- 186K Miles Average on Each Ambulance
- 2.4 Million+ Combined Mileage of Fleet
In 2020, North Central EMS provided the following services to the community:
- 8,058 Billable Ambulance Transports
- 3,756 Non-Billable 911 Responses
- 1,070 Mental Health Transports
- 1,121 Wheelchair Van Transports
- 162 Community Paramedicine Visits
- 302 Special Events (community events, education, etc.)
Support for Corks & Kegs in 2021 – The Return on Your Philanthropic Investment
With proceeds from events and community support for the annual appeal in 2021, the Fisher-Titus Foundation helped support renovation of the first of two Cardiac Cath Labs, opened December 14, 2021. The second Cardiac Cath Lab will be renovated in 2022, again with support from the Fisher-Titus Foundation. Prior to renovation, our Cath Labs were designed before Level II designation and before many of today’s procedures were being performed here. The new Cardiac Cath Labs support the next 10 years of excellence in cardiovascular care in the community by investing in:
- Integrated HD technology and equipment, critical to bring all images together on one large HD screen with high resolution images of arteries and veins during procedures, and to integrate with all equipment.
- A ceiling mounted “C arm” and operating table that integrates with all technology and equipment (integration supports calculation of the angle of the table to the C arm).
- Advanced technology and diagnostic tools with lower radiation doses to patients and healthcare workers.
- Redesign of the Cath Lab to perform both cardiac and vascular procedures, and to support the skill level of today’s Fisher-Titus Heart and Vascular Team.
Thank you for helping us make this improvement through your sponsorship of the 2021 Corks & Kegs event and of the 32nd Annual Golf Tournament!