Employee Recognition Awards- Fisher-Titus Health Employee Recognition Award recipients (front from left) include Johnna Young, Marketing and Public Relations, President’s Award; Rachel Velishek, LPCC, Behavioral Health, Connection to Purpose Award; Deb Reed, Marketing and Public Relations, Community Service Award; Kalie Thompson, CNMT, RT, Imaging Services, Lean Innovation Award; Melissa Friend, RT (R) Information Services, On the Cutting Edge Award; Ian Miller, PharmD, Pharmacy, Clinical Commitment to Healthcare Excellence Award and Rodney Tuttle, MT(ASCP), CLS, Laboratory, Excellence in Leadership Award.
Fisher-Titus Health recently recognized employees during an Employee Recognition Celebration. Service awards from 5 years to 45 years were given to 188 employees. This represented a total of 2,630 years of service in caring for patients, friends and family members in our community. In addition, 18 employees who retired in 2017 were recognized, representing 461 years to our patients.
The recipients of Employee Recognition Awards also were announced and include:
- Rodney Tuttle, MT(ASCP), CLS, Laboratory received the Excellence in Leadership Award. This award recognizes an inspirational leader with strong management skills who demonstrates a unique ability to guide and inspire others by utilizing a wide rand of leadership competencies. This recipient not only demonstrates leadership within his team, but throughout the organization and also within the hospital industry. Tuttle of Norwalk began his career as a diagnostic tech in the laboratory in 1998, was promoted to assistant manager and now serves as the technical director of the laboratory.
- Rachel Velishek, LPCC, Behavioral Health, received the Connection to Purpose Award. This award recognizes an employee in a support position who contributes to the overall success of serving Fisher-Titus patients/ a clear and demonstrable contribution to overall delivery of high quality, high value services within Fisher-Titus Health and a dedication to patient satisfaction and overall patient experience. Velishek of Milan was recognized for her role in the effectiveness of the Fisher-Titus Employee Assistance Program, as well as an advocate for behavioral health in the community. She has been employed as a licensed professional clinical counselor with Fisher-Titus Behavioral Health for xx years.
- Deb Reed, Marketing and Public Relations, received the Community Service Award. This award recognizes and awards an individual who has shown extraordinary dedication to excellence through community service and outreach. The recipient also demonstrates the Fisher-Titus commitment to volunteerism, community service and outreach. Reed of Norwalk began her career with Fisher-Titus in 2000. Since that time, Reed has been the “face” of Fisher-Titus at numerous community events throughout Huron County and has served on a variety of committees in the community. Currently, Reed serves as Director of Public Relations and Communications where she manages internal and external public relations and communication efforts as well as community relations.
- Kalie Thompson, CNMT, RT, Imaging Services, received the Lean Innovation Award. This award serves to recognize and celebrate an outstanding employee who demonstrates exceptional understanding of Lean principles, tools and philosophy, as well as the ability to share this knowledge and enthusiasm with their fellow Fisher-Titus employees. Thompson of Attica began working in the Imaging Services department in July 2013 and now serves as the lead nuclear medicine tech. Thompson was recognized for her efforts both departmentally and organizationally to initiate and implement lean concepts in an innovative fashion.
- Melissa Friend, RT (R) Information Services, received the On the Cutting Edge Award. This award recognizes an employee who has distinguished herself by innovating, expanding or otherwise going beyond commonly accepted boundaries in either an existing or new area. It represents a position of great importance or pushing the envelope to a new forefront. Friend of Norwalk began her career at Fisher-Titus in September 2012 in the Information Services Department and was recently promoted to Manager, Ambulatory Systems. Friend’s most recent contribution to Fisher-Titus is leading the Cerner Ambulatory Project.
- Ian Miller, PharmD, Pharmacy, received the Clinical Commitment to Healthcare Excellence Award. This award serves to recognize an individual who contributes to exceptional experiences at every touch point for Fisher-Titus patients, visitors, guests or co-workers by demonstrating service excellence. The recipient also exceeds customer service standards through competent, safe practice and care through teamwork and collaboration. This particular award shines a light on those critical clinical professions that are essential for a great patient experience. Miller of Milan has been a staff pharmacist at Fisher-Titus Medical Center since 2016. Miller offers a personalized approach to providing pharmacy consulting and has embraced the team approach in providing care.
- Johnna Young, Marketing and Public Relations, received the President's Award. This award celebrates the highest standards of employee excellence and seeks to recognize a team member who delivers exceptional work across three categories—exceptional patient experience, innovation and teamwork. Young of Norwalk has served as a member of the Marketing/Public Relations department since May 2005 beginning as a Marketing and Public Relations Specialist. Young was promoted Senior Public Relations Specialist in 2017 where she oversees internal and external public relations and communications efforts for the Medical Center.
- Brian Cahill from UBS Financial, received the Excellence in Partnership Award. This award was created to recognize someone who serves Fisher-Titus throughout the year and is an integral part of the organization’s success. Since 1993, Cahill, first vice president-wealth management, has provided sound financial planning advice and planning for retirement for Fisher-Titus employees and in fact averages about 500 individual counseling sessions per year.
Special recognition was also provided to Sharon McGrail, the health system’s nominee for Ohio Hospital Association’s Healthcare Worker of the Year. In addition, the Nursing Excellence Award winners were invited to the stage to be recognized.
25 Years- Those Fisher-Titus Health employees who were recognized for 25 years of service included (from front left) Anna L. Schloesser, Central Scheduling; Shelley L. Webb, Kaiser Community Pharmacy and Susan J. Gahring, Oncology; (back row from left) Tamara L. Prelipp, Family Medicine – Willard, Greenwich; Rebecca E. Lovely, Nutrition Services; Valerie L. Gibson, Family Medicine – Willard, Greenwich and Vicki L. Artino, Surgery – Operating Room.