Fisher-Titus Medical Center has been a Level 3 Trauma Center since 2009. In October 2018, Fisher-Titus announced its trauma partnership with The MetroHealth System in Cleveland.
Since then, this collaboration has enhanced the level of quality trauma services available to North Central Ohio residents at Fisher-Titus. The partnership enables us to increase our knowledge base, expand our expertise, and increase the level of care we provide to our patients who experience a traumatic injury.
“Through our collaboration with MetroHealth, a locally and nationally recognized provider of trauma care,” says Dr. Brent Burkey, President & CEO of Fisher-Titus, “more patients have been able to receive care close to home at Fisher-Titus and remain in our community rather than be transferred to another facility.”
In the first four months of 2019, Fisher-Titus treated 547 trauma patients. In addition to providing exceptional care for these patients close to home, our partnership with MetroHealth gives our employees the opportunity to increase their knowledge of and experience with injuries they may not see every day, but which require great attention and care.
So far this year, the Fisher-Titus trauma team has participated in or will be soon participating in these training opportunities as a result of the MetroHealth partnership:
- Pediatric trauma simulations in the Emergency Department.
- Farm injury simulation training at North Central EMS.
- Mass casualty incident training.
- Non-accidental pediatric abuse lecture.
- Orthopaedic and trauma joint education.
- Burn education for physicians, nurses, fire, and EMS presented by burn surgeons, burn ICU nurses, and the burn coordinator for MetroHealth.