As we enter the second half of the year, you may be thinking about some of the annual appointments you need to check of your yearly to-do list. If you have had Medicare Part B for longer than 12 months you qualify for a yearly wellness visit.
In most cases this visit will be covered with no out-of-pocket cost to you by Medicare. Some additional costs could accrue if your primary care provider feels additional testing is necessary based on your medical history and risk factors.
During your Medicare Annual Wellness visit, your provider will go over several things.
- A review of your medical, surgical, and family history
- Updating a list of your current providers and prescriptions
- Height, weight, blood pressure, and other routine measurements
- Assessment of preventative measures such as ensuring you are up to date on all recommended vaccinations, screening labs, and diagnostic testing
- Personalized health advice
- A list of risk factors and treatment options for you
- Advance care planning (a plan for care you would get if you become unable to speak for yourself)
- Memory testing which will detect early signs of memory issues
All the of the information gathered during the visit will be used to form a personalized care plan that will be updated at each yearly visit.
About Dr. Schwerer
Dr. Kaitlin Schwerer is a physician with Fisher-Titus Family Medicine-Milan. Dr. Schwerer earned her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine at Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine and is board certified in family medicine. She currently has same-day and next-day appointments available. Call 419-660-2900 to schedule.