Taco Salad is a Mexican-inspired dish that can be made in a variety of ways. Try this 8-Layer Taco Salad. This recipe uses non-fat Greek yogurt, lean ground turkey and low-fat cheddar cheese to put a healthier twist to it.
8-Layer Taco Salad
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 pound 93%-lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled unsalted Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup prepared Salsa
- 1 15-ounce can Black Beans, rinsed
- 5 cups thinly sliced Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar Cheese blend
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and chili powder. Cook, stirring and breaking up lumps, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, mash avocado and yogurt in a small bowl with a fork until smooth.
Transfer the turkey and any juice from the pan to a serving bowl. Layer chips, salsa, beans and lettuce over the turkey. Spread the avocado mixture over the lettuce. Top with cheese, then tomato.
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Sodium: 520 mg
- Fiber: 8g
- Potassium: 812 mg
The next time you make taco salad be sure to put a healthier twist to it!