Beginning Friday, March 20 at 8 p.m., Fisher-Titus will be restricting all visitors.
Exceptions will be made for the following patients:
- Pediatric patients will be allowed 1 visitor per day
- Labor & Delivery patients are allowed 1 visitor per day
- End-of-life circumstances will be discussed with the family and patient’s care team
- Those coming for an outpatient service will be allowed 1 escort
In addition, Fisher-Titus will also postpone non-urgent outpatient services that can be safely delayed with no harm to our patients.
- Sleep lab will be closed for 30 days beginning Monday, March 23rd.
- Outpatient lab is closed for routine testing and is accepting stat orders only beginning Monday, March 23rd
- Diabetes education and Medical Nutrition therapy will be closed for 30 days beginning Tuesday, March 24th
- Imaging will restrict screening mammograms and DEXA procedures for 30 days beginning Monday, March 23rd
- Outpatient therapy will consolidate days of business to Tuesday/Thursday and move to telehealth as appropriate for plan of care
- Cardiac Rehab Phase II will be closed for 30 days. Invasive cases for urgent or emergent needs remain. Non-invasive services will offer consolidated hours for stress testing, ECHO, and Anti-Coagulation Clinic.
Along with the new restrictions being implemented, the following visitor restrictions are still in place:
- Senior services – This includes The Carriage House, Fisher-Titus Transitional Care Unit, Norwalk Memorial Home -- No visitors are permitted in an effort to protect our most vulnerable population. This was in accordance with recommendations from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Fisher Titus outpatient offices -- Only one person may accompany a patient to an appointment at any of the Fisher-Titus outpatient clinics, office locations, or outpatient service areas (lab, radiology, physical therapy, etc).
To stay up-to-date on the Fisher-Titus response to COVID-19, visit fishertitus.org/coronavirus or follow them on Facebook.