Fisher-Titus Updates Visitation Guidelines
Beginning Monday, March 14 Fisher-Titus will be implementing a two-level visitation guidelines system based on local data about how COVID-19 is spreading. In this system, visitation will either be standard or restricted. Through these new guidelines, visitation at Fisher-Titus will be standard starting Monday.
Under standard visitation, visiting hours are 8 a.m.-8:30 p.m. daily. Visitors are allowed 24/7 in the emergency department. Health Information Management, Sheri's Coffee House, Shady Lane Café, and the gift shop are open under standard visitation. For everyone's safety, all exterior doors of the hospital are locked after 8:30 p.m. Visitors must enter through the Emergency/Admitting Entrance (Parking Lot E) after 8:30 p.m.
Restricted visitation varies for each area:
- Hospitalized Patient: 1 visitor (18+) per day. Visitor can change each day.
- Appointments and procedures without hospital stay: 1 visitor (18+) to accompany during stay.
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor (18+) to accompany patient during stay.
- Prenatal Appointments: 1 visitor (18+) for COVID positive patients, 2 visitors (18+) for scheduled fetal ultrasounds for COVID negative patients, 1 visitor (18+) for regular prenatal appointments for COVID negative patients.
- Labor & Delivery: 1 visitor during labor (18+) for COVID positive patients, 2 visitors (18+) for COVID negative patients.
- Pediatrics: 1 parent or guardian for COVID positive patients. 2 parents or guardians for COVID negative patients. This includes appointments, procedures, hospitalizations, and Emergency Department visits.
- Entrance to Health Information Management, Sheri’s Coffee House, Shady Lane Café, and the gift shop is not permitted.
COVID-19 positive inpatients (regardless of standard or restricted visitation) will be limited to one visitor over the age of 18 per day between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. with the exception of the Birthing Center and Pediatrics as listed above. The visitor can be a different person each day. The visitor can only enter the building once each day and must stay in the patient’s room wearing appropriate PPE.
Long Term Care (Norwalk Memorial Home, The Carriage House, and Transitional Care Unit) follow the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Ohio Department of Health (ODH) guidelines for visitation. Individuals should check with their loved one’s care team for current visitation guidelines.
Visitation levels will be updated on Mondays and implemented Tuesday mornings. Updates will be posted at all open entrances and communicated via Fisher-Titus Facebook, Instagram, and website.
Patients and visitors should enter through the Pavilion, Heart & Vascular, Rehab, or Emergency Department. Patients and visitors must follow all guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visitors will be asked to wear a mask, answer screening questions upon entry, and required to follow distancing guidelines while visiting. If you are not feeling well, we ask that you do not visit a patient at any Fisher-Titus facility.
A patient’s care team may make recommendations for exceptions to the Fisher-Titus restricted visitation guidelines for circumstances where the guidelines have an impact on the quality of patient care. When appropriate, these circumstances would be approved through the Chief Medical Officer and/or Chief Nursing Officer. Families should discuss concerns with the patient’s care team.
For more information on how Fisher-Titus is addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, visit fishertitus.org/coronavirus.