Fisher-Titus Employees Recognized for Exemplary Dedication
Several Fisher-Titus employees were recently recognized with a Spotlight Award for their dedication and commitment to patients, fellow coworkers, and the community.
“Awarded annually, the Spotlight Awards highlight those employees who are doing remarkable things every day to fulfill the mission of Fisher-Titus Health, said Brent Burkey, MD, president and CEO of Fisher-Titus. “We congratulate them and are excited to celebrate their accomplishments.”
Awards and winners included:
- Our Patients: An employee or team who has displayed dedication to patient safety, care quality and service. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement including increased efficiency. A dedication to patient satisfaction and exceptional patient experience. Demonstrates quality and creativity in their work to meet complex patient needs.
Winners: Karen Daniel (patient experience), Home Health Team, Environmental Services Team
- Our People: An individual or team dedicated to making Fisher-Titus Health the best place to work. Demonstrates a unique ability to guide and inspire others through strong
leadership, teamwork and collaboration. This award is designed to celebrate an
individual or team who demonstrates leadership within their team and the
- organization that is impactful, motivational, and consistent.
Winners: Amie Leto (patient accounts), Scott Mapus (human resources), Nutrition Services Team
- Access: This award recognizes an individual or team who have focused on offering the right care based on our patient need and demand. They have demonstrated state-of-the-art developments in a department/field. To innovate, expand or otherwise go beyond
commonly accepted boundaries in either an existing or new area to better provide access to healthcare for our patients and community. This award recognizes ideas that
make a significant strategic difference.
Winners: Carol Seip (lab), Community Paramedicine Team
- Affordability: An individual or team dedicated to providing affordable quality care and offering the right care based on our patient need and demand. Understands the vision of Fisher-Titus Health and his or her role in achieving it. Takes prompt and decisive action to continuously improve conditions quickly and effectively and are committed to projects contributing to affordable quality care.
Winners: Sara Smith (pharmacy), Olivia McIntosh (human resources), Provider Based Billing Team
- Community: To recognize an individual, team, or community partner in care who are involved in activities that benefit our community through socially responsible means, including public service, philanthropy and community inclusion. Demonstrates the Fisher-Titus Health commitment to volunteerism, community service and outreach. This
individual/group shows a strong sense of caring and responsibility for others and works actively to connect Fisher-Titus Health to the community.
Winners: Jen Oakley-Swartz (physical therapy), COVID Strike Team
- Rising Star: Recognizes a remarkable new employee who has been working for three
years or less. Individual provides consistent care or consistent work that supports the
care of patients and families, Every Patient…Every Time! Seeks out opportunities for
growth and development in their skills and abilities. Collaborates with multi-disciplinary
team to support the organization.
Winners: Sierra Barthlome (ICU), Mark Pangeris (information services)
- President’s Award: This award celebrates the highest standards of employee
excellence and seeks to recognize a team member who makes significant contributions
to our organization by delivering exceptional work across three categories: Patient
Experience, Innovation and Teamwork.
Winner: Kyle Dunlap (post-acute services)
- Physician’s Choice Award: An employee or team who conveys the mission, philosophy and Pillars of Excellence at Fisher-Titus Health. This award celebrates the collaborative relationship between physicians and employees in providing necessary care and services to our patients.
Winner: Melissa Friend (information services)
- Excellence in Partnership: This award category recognizes individuals who serve our organization and support our mission in healthcare but are not employed by Fisher-Titus.
Winners: Dr. Al & Chris Kafity
To learn how you can be a part of the Fisher-Titus family, visit FisherTitus.org/careers.